THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE
- The first rule for deep communication is no probing.
- The second rule is stop when it becomes painful.
- Seemingly trivial things often have roots in deep emotional
experiences. To deal only with the superficial trivia without seeing
the deeper, more tender issues is to trample on the emotional ground of
- The key to staying in love is to talk, particularly about
- There is transcendent power in a strong intergenerational family.
- There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -- one is
roots, the other is wings.
Becoming a Transition Person
[ Previous Habit | Table of Contents ]
- A transition person is one who changes negative scripts rather
than passing them to the next generation.
- Achieving unity -- oneness -- with ourselves, with our loved ones,
with our friends and working associates, is the highest and best and
most delicious fruit of the Seven Habits.