THE SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE
The Seven Habits -- An Overview
- A habit is the intersection of knowledge, skill and desire.
- Knowledge is the what to do and why.
- Skill is the how to do.
- Desire is the motivation, the want to do.
- Happiness is the fruit of the desire and ability to sacrifice what
we want now for what we want eventually.
The Maturity Continuum
- The seven habits move us progressively on a continuum from
dependence to independence to interdependence.
- The current social paradigm enthrones independence.
- Habits 1, 2 and 3 deal with self mastery. Private victories
precede public victories.
- Habits 4, 5 and 6 deal with teamwork, cooperation and
- Habit 7 is the habit of continuous improvement.
- P symbolizes production of desired results.
- PC symbolizes production capacity.
- Effectiveness is the focus on both P and PC,
balancing the two or optimizing P by optimizing PC.
The PC principle is to always treat your employees exactly as you want
them to treat your best customers.
How to Use This Book
[ Inside Out | Table of Contents | Habit 1 ]
- First, this material is not something to read once and then lay
- Second, shift your paradigm from that of learner to that of