The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Franklin Delano
- What do you fear? Failure? Rejection? Sudden disaster? Men?
- Courage is the state of mind that allows one to face hardship or
disaster with confidence and resolution.
- Fear is the agitated state of mind that cripples us from looking
any farther than the hardship itself.
- To be afraid is not to fully trust God.
The Cycle of Fear
- Step 1. Reality.
- Step 2. Response.
- Step 3. Result.
- Step 4. Return.
- Step 5. Rescue.
Godly Fear versus Secular Fear
- Men have the power to give us what we don't deserve, or to
withhold from us what we do deserve.
- God has the power to give us what we do deserve, or to withhold
from us what we don't deserve.
Four Steps to Overcome Fear
- Step 1. Unbundle our emotions.
- Step 2. Exercise faith in the sovereignty of God.
- Step 3. Submit our circumstances and attitude to God.
- Step 4. Wait patiently for God to act.
[Previous Chapter | Table of Contents | Next