The Desire to Be Independent
I am the master of my fate; the captain of my soul. William Earnest
- Most men are taught to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.
- Men want to control their own lives.
- There is an distinct difference between taking responsibility for
our lives and trying to live independently from God.
Trust in Man and Trust in God Contrasted
- The independent man is never able to satisfy his thirst for
significance and purpose.
- The difference between the man who trusts in God and the man who
trusts in himself is not in the circumstances, but in his response.
The Turning Point
- The turning point of our lives is when we stop seeking the God we
want and start seeking the God who is.
- We don't know God as He is because we have never really gotten to
know Him as He is.
[Previous Chapter | Table of Contents | Next