How Can A Man Change?
Few people think more than two or three times a year.
I have made an international reputation by thinking once or twice a
week. George Bernard Shaw
- Why do men think the things they think, say the things they say,
and do the things they do?
- Patient, trial-and-error effort, diligently grinding it out on a
day-to-day basis -- that's the pathway to change.
Famous Last Words
- "Its a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human
problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer
by way of advice than 'Try to be a little kinder.'" Aldous Huxley
- "A lifelong agnostic, W.C. Fields was discovered reading a Bible
on his deathbed. "I'm looking for a loophole," he explained.
The Case for Daily Effort
- The Christian must recharge his spiritual batteries every day.
- Usually our spiritual lives march forward or they slip backward.
Practical Daily Steps to Change
- Daily Bible reading and study coupled with prayer are the first
essential for helping a man to change.
- When tempted, reject the thought and give thanks for power to
- When you become aware of a sin, confess it and thank God for
The challenge is to become a certain kind of man -- the kind we have
described in these pages, a man committed to the Christian life view,
a Biblical Christian.
[Previous Chapter | Table of Contents ]