HAROLD M. BEST
Wheaton College Conservatory of Music
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND COMPOSITIONS
Music Through the Eyes of Faith,
HarperSanFrancisco, March 1993.
PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS
- Musical Perception and Music Education.
Arts Policy Review, January/February 1995.
- Musical Diversity, Curriculum and NASM Standards.
NASM Annual Proceedings, 1995.
- Creative Diversity, Artistic Valuing and the Peacable Imagination.
Keynote speech/paper to the National Association of Schools of Dance, September
1993; also published in Arts Policy Review, May/June 1994.
- Music Curricula in the Future.
Arts Policy Review, November/December 1992.
- Performance and Composition. NASM Annual Proceedings,
- Arts Education: Culture, the Media and the Church. Design for
Arts in Education, September/October 1988.
- New Trends in Music Curricula: What Do They Need? NASM
Annual Proceedings, 1979.
- Educational and Curricular Proceedings, NASM Annual
- Heritage, Culture and Curricular Policy. Design for Arts in
Education, March/April 1985.
- God's Creation and Human Creativity. The Reality of
Christian Learning (Christian University Press).
- Church Music Curriculum. NASM Annual Proceedings, 1981.
- Church Relatedness, Music and Higher Education. NASM Annual
- Hymn Tune Writing. The Hymn, October 1977; reprinted
in May 1978 issue of the Hymn Society Bulletin (Great Britain
- Music, Offerings of Creativity. Christianity Today,
- There is More to Redemption Than Meets the Ear.
Christianity Today, July 1974.
- Music, Musical Instruments. Zondervan Biblical Encyclopedia
- The Arts and Evangelicalish: Questions, Delimmas, Prospects.
Seattle Pacific University Review.
- Christian Responsibility in Music. The Christian Imagination
- Schaeffer on Art and Music. Reflections on Francis Schaeffer
- When is Worship Worship?
- Theology, Music, Seekers and Sensitivity
- 7 Voluntaries on Early American Hymn Tunes for Organ,
- 5 Hymn Tunes for Hymns of the Christian Life.
- Come Thou Fount, (Choral) Hope Publishing Company.
- What a Friend, (Choral) Hope Publishing Company.
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, (Choral) Hope Publishing Company.
- Just a Closer Walk, (Choral) Hope Publishing Company.
- Go, Tell it on the Mountain, (Choral) Hope Publishing Company.
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul, (Choral) Hope Publishing Company.
- Chaconne (after the style of Alain)
- Chorale Toccata on "Arise, My Soul, Arise"
- Oratorio: Concerning Our Lord (Chorus, SATB Solo, Orchestra)
- Jesus, the First and Last (SATB)
- Love Divine, All Loves Excelling (SATB, Piano)
- In the Bleak Midwinter (SATB)
- A Call to Service (SATB, Organ)
- Three Songs of the Divine Presence (Soprano, Piano)
- Lament for Good Friday on Blues Changes (SATB)
- Lament for the Exiled (SATB, Piano, Blues Guitar)
- Amazing Grace (SATB, Piano)
- God is Working His Purpose Out (SATB, Organ)
- What Wondrous Love is This? (SSAA, Piano)
- I Wonder as I Wander (Alto, French Horn, Piano)
- Jesus Loves Me (TTBB, Piano)
- What Can Wash Away? (SATB, a capella)
- Just a Closer Walk (SATB, Piano)
- Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross (SATB, Piano)
- Blest Be the Tie (SATB/SSAA, Piano)
- Chableux (Piano Solo)
- Concertino for Piano and Orchestra (also arranged for two
- Four Voluntaries on Early American Hymn Tunes (String Quartet)
- Hymn Prelude: What Can Wash Away? (Chamber Orchestra)
To contact Dr. Best, write:
Dr. Harold M. Best
Wheaton Conservatory of Music
Wheaton, IL 60187 USA
Here's your path to more of the best information ...
Leadership U. Homepage
Copyright (c) 1996, Leadership U..
All Rights Reserved.
Updated: 5 August 1997